Choosing an eCommerce Solution for Trade
When evaluating possible eCommerce solutions for a B2B (trade) web site, you should consider the following points:
- Does it integrate with your back office system?
- Does it allow you to match all of the pricing models you offer your trade customers (e.g. net pricing, discount matrix, order value discounts, etc.)
- Does it allow your customers to view their previous order history, including orders placed by other means (for example, by phone or by fax)?
- Are your customers able to view statements and invoices online?
- Can you create a custom order form for each customer?
- Can your customers create and maintain their own Favourites list?
- Are you able to offer more advanced facilities to your key accounts, such as configurable spending limits per contact, or creating users that can only place requisitions that must be subsequently approved by a senior contact?
- Are you able to offer these advanced facilities without affecting usability? In other words, can your trade customers use all of these facilities without training?
- Are you able to show bespoke products to specific customers that the rest of the customer base cannot see?
- Can you highlight new products to customers?
- If your site offers both B2C and B2B, can it also handle your retail requirements?