Jobs at axisfirst
Due to expansion, we are currently looking to increase the size of both our technical and software teams.
If you are interested in any of the following job vacancies, or think that we may be interested in you for a different role within the company, please email Recruitment for further details.
Recruitment Agencies: please do not call but email Recruitment instead; our telephone numbers are TPS registered so no unsolicited calls please.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Our Bridgwater office is within easy reach of the M5 at junctions 23 and 24 as well as being on the crossroads of the A38 and A39. This means it provides convenient commuting from a number of towns, including Taunton, Weston-super-Mare, Minehead, Street and Glastonbury.
|Reporting To||Software Sales Director|
This is an exciting new role for this developing company. You will assist in the planning, execution and optimization of the company’s marketing activities. You will have a passion for marketing and for sharing the message about the company to existing and potential customers.
With evidence of further certificated learning since leaving school and preferably a marketing qualification, you will be somebody who is hopefully already interested in the technology market and therefore understands the concepts and language we use. You will need to demonstrate the use of digital marketing platforms, as well as having a good understanding of more traditional marketing tools. Also essential is that you are creative, able to be innovative and you are an excellent communicator.
In return, we offer a salary package which reflects your skills and experience and we also support you by developing an individual training plan for you which will identify, plan and mentor your route to personal development.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and what skills and expertise you bring to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICT Product Support Specialist
|Location||Bridgwater, Somerset with travel to client sites|
|Reporting To||Gerard Dagnall|
Are you an IT product specialist looking for a career based in the beautiful South West?
The IT solutions department of axis first is looking for a new member of the team to strengthen our skills in delivering best in class IT solutions to SMEs. In a company which provides one stop IT solutions with software services, web and telephony you will become an integral part of delivering ICT to small and medium sized businesses across the U.K. We work across many industry sectors and therefore you will be working with a diverse range of clients, but the key priority will always be the same; delivery of excellent customer care to maintain our customer’s IT operations.
This is a senior technical role providing specialist and in-depth ICT support and advice along with project design, specification and management with a mix of office based and client site working within the UK.
Additionally, the role includes research and testing of new and existing products and services, providing technical advice to sales staff, and working with the service desk on complex issues.
The ability to problem solve and prioritise is essential along with excellent communication skills allowing you to create business-like and lasting relationships with clients. Contributing within the Technical Services team you will be able to identify and improve service and processes.
You will have at least 3 years working in an ICT technical role, with excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN, Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation. It is expected you will hold one or more certifications or have in-depth knowledge in the following areas: Windows Server (e.g. MCSA), Office 365, networking (e.g. CCNA, Network+), project management (e.g. PRINCE2), ITIL, BTEC, HND, degree, telephony, Azure/cloud.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills sets:
- Show initiative and solve problems while working independently and within teams.
- Develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles.
- Prioritise multiple conflicting tasks.
- Translate client goals and objectives into project delivery.
- Prioritise and carry out multiple conflicting tasks and demands from projects and clients ensuring deadlines are consistently met and task delivery quality is maintained.
- Deliver against team targets and objectives with high quality results and satisfied clients.
- Understand SME businesses and operational requirements.
- Ensure all implementation is within costed constraints.
- Maintain own personal development to ensure skills knowledge and acquisition reflects technological advances.
- Make effectives use of company call logging and other appropriate support systems.
- Demonstrate good verbal, written and presentation communication with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation.
- Listen and convey complex technical information in a way that matches the technical level and sensitivity of the audience.
- Resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Seek and obtain delivery support from appropriate sources to maintain project delivery targets.
- Maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving issues
- Be hardworking, honest, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Demonstrate accountability and possesses high integrity and professionalism
- Own outcomes and results.
- Have a deep, broad interest in ICT with the desire and ability to learn and improve.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Be able to work on own or collaboratively in a team environment.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Keep up to date with market and industry trends and interpret the impacts for the Company.
- Adopt continuous learning and improvement by undertaking new and existing product training when necessary and working towards agreed industry certifications.
In return, we offer a salary package which reflects your skills and experience and support you by developing an individual training plan which will identify, direct and mentor your route to personal development as well as increasing your skills. Please email your full CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role to email@example.com. If you would like any further information, please contact Amanda Brent, HR Manager: Amanda.Brent@axisfirst.co.uk