Choosing an eCommerce Solution for Retail
When evaluating possible eCommerce Solutions for a B2C (retail) web site, you should consider the following points:
- Does it integrate with your Back Office system?
- Does it offer sufficient design flexibility to look how you want it look?
- Does it support your required pricing models (e.g. quantity discounts, order value discounts, special offers)?
- Does it offer good Usability?
- Does it support Voucher Code promotions?
- Can it support your chosen payment methods (e.g. credit/debit card, PayPal)
- Does it produce Search-Engine friendly pages?
- Does it allow you track order sources (e.g. visitors originating from Sponsored Keyword campaigns, referals from Partner Sites, etc.)
- Does it build a useable database for future targeted marketing?
- Can you make regular updates to content, such as Delivery Terms or Terms & Conditions (usually known as Content Management)?
- Can you create cross-selling links?
- Are you able to maintain your own promotional adverts on the site?
- Does it provide data for Shopping Comparison sites such as Google Products?
- Can you offer your customers the option of creating their own account (usually called Registration) so that they can login in the future to see Favourites and/or Order History?
- Are you able to control all of the above without needing to become a part-time web designer?
- If your site offers both B2C and B2B, can it also handle your trade requirements?