Job Vacancies at axisfirst
We currently have a number of vacancies, at our Head Office in Bridgwater, Somerset.
If you are interested in any of the following job vacancies, or think that we may be interested in you for a different role within the company, please email Recruitment for further details.
Recruitment Agencies: please do not call but email Recruitment instead; our telephone numbers are TPS registered so no unsolicitied calls please.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst
- C++ Programmers to work on our axis diplomat software package
- A Sales Representative specialising in promoting our solutions to the Office Products sector
- A Software Implementation Analyst & Trainer
The Software Implementation Analyst & Trainer, C++ Programmer and Sales Representative roles are all based at our Head Office in Bridgwater, Somerset.
The 2nd Line Support / Helpdesk Support Analyst role is based in our office in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.
Our Bridgwater office is within easy reach of the M5 at junctions 23 and 24 as well as being on the crossroads of the A38 and A39. This means it provides convenient commuting from a number of towns, including Taunton, Weston-super-Mare, Minehead, Street and Glastonbury.
Our Bromsgrove office is within easy reach of the M5 at junction 5 and the M42 at junction 1. It offers an easy commute from not only Bromsgrove but Droitwich, Redditch and further afield, including Worcestershire, Birmingham and beyond.
We are expanding our technical helpdesk team and have a vacancy for a 2nd line technical helpdesk analyst.
This is a full-time post based in our Bromsgrove office. You will be working within a team of six in a friendly but busy helpdesk environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Good working knowledge of networks
- Technical helpdesk experience working to SLAs
- Microsoft certifications
- Cisco, HP or other networking and security certifications
- Knowledge of ITIL practices
Due to expansion, we require additional C++ Programmers to work from our Bridgwater offices to work within the development team of our axis diplomat software package.
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Visual C++ and STL is required. Experience using the Win32 API directly would be an advantage.
We will want to see some evidence of projects (academic or otherwise) using C++.
Knowledge of SQL (specifically Microsoft) would also be an advantage.
Salary commensurate with experience.
This position would suit someone with experience of sales and/or IT support within the Office Products industry with a keen interest in moving into IT Systems Sales.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with computers and, preferably, accounts and business systems. Previous experience selling IT solutions on PC-based networks would be ideal. The job will involve a significant amount of traveling within the UK and so the successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team whilst being self-motivated.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our software customer services team. This is a varied role which involves pre- and post-sales client consultation with regard to the deployment of axis® diplomat software projects encompassing accounts, sales order processing, stock control, warehouse management, procurement & purchase order processing, EDI, e-Commerce and other modules. This role also involves the delivery of user training on the software and the provision of helpdesk support.
Clients are typically UK based small to medium sized businesses with project deployments being a few days in each case. The software, axis® diplomat, is developed by our in-house team in Bridgwater, Somerset and has a 30 year pedigree. The current product is targeted at Microsoft Windows server (32bit and 64bit platforms) including Small Business Server and Terminal Services environments.
This is a full-time post based out of our Bridgwater office. Initial training and product familiarization will be provided by shadowing existing training staff and reinforced by work on the helpdesk.
The role will then evolve to include delivery of in-house and customer premises training across the UK. As training is often consultative, there will be a degree of business analysis required in this role.
- Previous training delivery experience
- Experience of SME business working environments
- Good telephone manner
- Able to communicate clearly
- Able to deal with difficult people
- Computer literate
- Ability to absorb new information effectively
- Good standard of education
- Ability to fit into a team environment
- A high level of initiative and common sense
- An understanding of basic accounting
- Flexibility to work away from home for a number of days when necessary
- Ability to manage a project from beginning to end
- Full current UK driving licence
- A good working knowledge of axis diplomat, Sage or other computerised accounting system
- A good working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- A good working knowledge of computerised or manual payroll system
- Previous help-desk experience
- AAT qualified
Salary commensurate with experience.