There is a massive difference between the requirements for hosting a simple brochure site and a full-blown eCommerce website.
If, for any reason, your eCommerce website is unable to accept orders then that can be potentially losing you hard cash. If you are running pay-per-click (ppc) advertising, or other paid-for marketing, to drive shoppers to your site and you are then unable to accept their order, then that is a double-hit to the bottom line.
Our philosophy is always "let us worry about the technology, leaving you to run your business". In line with this, we don't simply offer a hosting service for our client's eCommerce websites; we offer a managed hosting service.
Our web servers do not reside at our own offices but in a dedicated data centre, which offers:
- Multiple redundant direct Tier 1 connections to the Internet backbone
- Physical 24 hour per day security to prevent access by unauthorised personnel
- Climate controlled to ensure optimum server performance and reliability
- Fire suppression equipment
- Uninterruptible power - in the case of a power outage affecting the multiple redundant power feeds, an on-site generator is capable of running the entire data centre for 30 days